Monday, September 21, 2009

Big Ouchie!!!



So on Friday Jazlyn fell at my in-laws she snuck onto the trampoline or well tried to and fell off the two-step stool, she went head first onto the metal pole and dirt and rocks. Basically scraped up her whole face, but the worse was a gash in her forehead that had to be glued shut, it was so sad.

She was in the house with me, and Kai'den started to have a temper tramtrum about ice cream and when I went to handle the situation, she snuck into the front yard where Lexi and her Aunties were playing, and her Dad and Grandpa were at, but evidently no one saw her, she tried to climb onto the tramp and fell within seconds.

I got a lecture from my husband all the way to the ER, whatever!!!

So I spent the night at the ER, while all the nurses looked at me like why was your daughter trying to get on a trampoline, ugh, don't I look irresponsible.

Then when my husband picked me up, I got another lecture about the what if, who, where, why, crap.

I walk into my door and my dad goes off on me.

I was about to kill everyone around me, no one made me feel better about the "freak accident" only pointed fingers at me, telling me it was my fault, whatever!!!

Then to make it worse two days later Sunday she walked into the side of our table, and made her cut bleed under the glue, so I had to rush her back to make sure the cut didn't re-open. Again I got the questions and looks.

Then I took her into her Pediatrician for a follow up today, and again got a mini lecture about infant and toddler safety. People must think I'm a retard. Hello her dad was right there, but the doctor said, um, he's the dad, enough said, you're the mom you need to make sure they are safe. So wait, are you saying dad's are idiots in a nice way, well fine, no argument there, cause mine is kind of a re-re.

I took some pictures of her, coming soon. Her face looks like she got road rash or something.

Am I the worse mom in the world or what???

3 comments:

Chante said...

You are totally not the worse mom! I am so sorry no one was backing you up! It is hard enough that you couldn't have prevented an ACCIDENT and already blame yourself and what you could have done differently but then have everyone else blame you.....I am so sorry! Accidents happen, that is why they are called accidents. Kids are so unpredictable and they can sneak out of your sight in a second so please don't blame yourself...it happens! Don't feel bad! And tell everyone else to shut their mouths dang it! It is hard enough dealing with it yourself! (I am thinking of Ava's accident when she had to get stitches on her forehead and how many times I went over the scenario and how I could have changed things and a lot of what if's...but you can't dwell on it, it just happened and you can't change it so tell everyone else it was an accident and to stop bugging you!)

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

oh please !!!! you are a great mom! gavin went to the ER 3 times in 6 monts when he was two. first cut his finger on a broken vase in my room= stiches and the loudest cries you have ever heard... followed shortly by falling off our bed onto the hard wood floor putting his tooth threw his lip! i was right there both times by the way and lastly pulling down a 70lb dresser on himself at like 11 ( yes pm when most two year olds are alseep) which resulted in the biggest indent in a kids head i have ever seen!!! so don't feel to bad, pretty sure i was in the possibly abuses her child folder at the ER!!! accidents happen, but luckily kids don't even remember!

Renee and Kiddies said...

Thanks girls, so glad you guys understand and get it, I'm seriously still mad at my husband, and to make it worse her Grandfather saw her on the trampoline and warned Chaian, but he didn't hear him, whatever!!!!