Sunday, May 18, 2008

So I taught my first Primary class!

I was asked to sub for Lexi's teacher last Sunday. I had so much fun teaching the Sunbeams. Our lesson was on how we are thankful for our hands. I read my lesson the night before and did a little planning, but since church doesn't start until 1:00 I did a lot in the morning and I decided to write a poem to go along with the lesson. At the end of class I gave them some brownie bites, for those who don't know my husband is the bread man here in St George, and delivers bread, and snacks to all the grocery stores here, and we get tons of free bread and snacks. They had to eat them under the table, claiming that was their hide out, it was cute!

So anyways here's the poem I wrote and some pictures of my cute little class. I loved it, and heard they might be calling me to my own class. Yeah that would be so much fun, I'm crossing my fingers.


I HAVE LITTLE HANDS

THAT I AM THANKFUL FOR

THEY HELP ME DO THINGS EVERYDAY

LIKE TURNING A KNOB TO OPEN THE DOOR

I CAN CLAP THEM OUT LOUD

AND WIGGLE THEM FAST

THEY CAN PICK UP TOYS

I CAN DO MOST ANY TASK

THEY COVER MY EYES

SO I CAN PLAY PEEK-A-BOO

THEY HELP ME GET DRESS

AND TIE MY SHOES

BUT MOST IMPORTANT

I HOLD THEM TOGETHER

WHEN I KNEEL DOWN TO PRAY

TO MY HEAVENLY FATHER

1 comment:

The Larsen's said...

That is the cutest little poem!! teaching primary is way fun!! Jorgen and I were in Primary in our last two wards... Cute Cute family!