Thursday, November 6, 2008

Life is what you make it, right?


Choices and decisions you make
Can and will determine your fate

Treat others how you want to be treated, words said before
Cause Karma is too smart, and will come knocking on your door

Being kind and caring, sometimes may not be effortless
And finding that goodness we all have inside is the real test

People make mistakes constantly, you and me alike
Forgiveness and changing can make any wrong done, again right

Perfect doesn’t exist, not in this world ever,
Improvement does exist, and you and me will work on this forever

Once you reach the point that you think you are the best YOU
You’re really only half way there, and there’s always room to improve

Disappointments will come, and bad things will happen to everyone
Hold on in those dark rainy days, cause again there will be sun

People will touch your lives, and stomp on your heart like nothing
But your life is yours, your heart and soul is your song, and nobody can keep you from singing

Life is what you make it, right?
It’s a battle between good and evil you will always fight.

5 comments:

scott and melanie said...

I LOVE THAT!! DID U WRITE IT? LIFE IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!!

Renee and Kiddies said...

Mel-
Yeah I did, thanks!

Jenna Shea said...

That's good to think about...I also loved the poem. Poor Lexi, I feel so bad for her. I hope she heals quickly, your in my prayers!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

oh my little poet friend:) you are amazing

Renee and Kiddies said...

Smell-
Remind you of high school driving home after school, lol...