Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy 2nd year Anniversary to US!

So we survived another year of marriage, got two under our belt, lol... It has def been a crazy relationship with many ups and downs, but I wouldn't change a minute of any of it.

I met my husband seven years ago at 24 hour fitness, go figure. Me work out, yeah right. My best friend Lindsey worked at 24 hour fitness, and because I had no life, I would go hang out at the front desk after college got out, literally. Right at the front desk sitting on my little bar stool, talking story with Lindz, while we would check out the hot guys coming in and out, and rag on some of the girls, sorry for that.

Well then one day I stopped by as usually, and then headed to the bathroom, so I had a reason to check out who was actually there, and I seen Chaian (my hubby) boxing in the aerobics room with another guy, I was seriously like who's that, he's hot, haha!

I secertly stocked him with my eyes when I would go see Lindsey, but I never talked to him, until one day I decided to go tanning (right next door to 24 hour) and as I was leaving a guy yelled from one of the beds, "Hey I know you, you're Lindsey's friend." It was Chaian ditching work hiding in a tanning bed sleeping, so funny.

He eventually asked me to the movies, we saw XXX (triple X) not x-rated, haha. And well now 3 babies later, here we are. Well to be honest with a lot of big bumps along the road, okay like mountains, but we're making it slowly day by day.

So happy 2nd year Anniversary Chaian, and here goes our try at another, haha :)



This picture is about 5 months after we meet in 2002, his friend was a photog and needed some couple shoots!

We didn't have your normal wedding that's for sure, right in my living room, I didn't even tell anyone, not that I was embarrassed, but I didn't want to invite anyone to just sit in my living room, kind of lame, now I wish I would of called Michelle and Jessica, sorry girls!



Here's a pic Siselee took of my after, pretty good for a 11 year old, huh! I was 5 months prego with Jazlyn, no surprise there.

Here's us today at my mother-in-law's acting like dorks.

The cake my mother-in-law surprised us with, was sooo good!


And Chaian cutting it, haha!


Marriage
It isn't easy by all means,
sometimes I want to kick him
but at the end of the day
I wouldn't want it any other way

One minute we could be arguing
and the next laughing together,
sometimes so hard we cry
Not perfect, but we try

And we might not be at our best,
but we're trying to get there
It's has been an journey
and I know there's more we'll see

It ain't all roses and candy
or white picked fences
it's diapers and dirty laundry
and somewhere in between

I'm hard headed and so is he
I want to be the leader,
and he wants to be the boss
so most of the time we cross

Mistakes are plenty
learning is slow
your wrong, whose right
who started the fight

Marriage is work
especially when you add kids
but that love, and bond
is the one treasure that lives on...

4 comments:

jaesi said...

Happy number 2 to you! I love to hear how it all works out with couples.
adorable.

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

congrats. marriage is lots of work but you seem to make it work:) good luck on the next tw0! miss you

Jenna Shea said...

Congrats on 2 years! Im glad you made it through and are happy! It sure is hard sometimes though. Hope your doing good, the kiddos are growing fast...
Shea

The Milne Crew said...

Congratulations!! I love the poem its so true, I never in my life thought marriage would be so much work but Jason and I are on our 7th year and its still work but it is all worth it, and we are loving almost every min of it!!