
Taken right before I went...
Anyone whose known me for a long time, knows I have always had long hair. The shortest I have ever cut it is about the middle of my back. I've wanted shorter hair for awhile but never had the balls to actually do it.
Recently I've been so sick of my long hair, especially in Hawaii, with the weather I'm always wearing it in a ponytail, and well it's a pretty dull look. So last week I decide I was going to do it, but I just didn't know where I was going to get it done. The week came and went, and I didn't get it done, and I think part was cause I didn't trust any stylist and part was cause I was a chicken.
Sunday night I told my husband I'm cutting my hair tomorrow. Monday morning I did my usual routine, and by noon I was ready to go to the Post Office and go cut my hair. My husband was like make an appointment, I couldn't even do that, because if I did then I would be committing to a hair cut. I made the excuse that I wanted to see the stylish that was going to cut it before I say it's okay, haha.
He actually had a coupon for a free haircut at Supercuts, yup that's what I said, Supercuts. Plus I'm so cheap so I walk into the Supercuts, and this Korean looking lady was at the counter, and I said I need a haircut, she kind of laughed. My heart starting to pound as she sat me in the chair. So trying to stall I asked to see a hair book, even though I brought like five pictures of the kind of cut I wanted. So we talked about what I wanted done for about 2 minutes. She said yeah, okay, I know. So then I took a deep breath as she got out her spray bottle and scissors. No turning back now. So then I asked if she could cut it in a ponytail so I could keep my hair. I put the ponytail in, and then here came the scissors. I was like wait, take a picture. So she took the picture. And then she said ready, I said wait as I pulled the pony down about an inch, and then I was like okay.

The sound of my hair being cut off, freaked me out so bad, that I seriously started to kind of hyperventilate. I looked down at my hands and they were shaking and curling not even kidding. And then she hands me my hair.

I'm looking at it short and I was like what did I do to my hair. She continued to cut, layering the back, and then cutting around the front. After about 10 minutes of more torture of hearing the hair and scissors, she's all lets cut the bangs shorter.
The word shorter made me want to cry. So I said um okay, but not too short. When it was all over. I gave her a tip and said thank you.
I seriously ran to the bathroom before my husband came to pick me up to see what I had done to myself. I called him and I was like I don't know what I did to my hair. But when he picked me up he had this big smile and all my kids were laughing and they said they liked it.
So that's my panic story, about my short hair fear, and I conquered it. And now I love my hair. Long hair was fun in my teens, but now I feel like I look more my age, instead of always being mistaken for a high school student.
The only thing I regret is I wish Michelle got to do it. She's such a fabulous hair stylish. Next time...


Look at my face in the mirror, I was stocked!!!

I think I liked it more when I got to come home and style it the way I wanted to!

THE END!



8 comments:
i am so proud of you.. i know how hard this was for you, i was nervous for you just reading this! i am so sad i didn't get to be the one to do it but it looks great!!! congrats on having the balls to do a scary thing!
It looks so great and I love the long bang look....wait to go on being brave!
Oh sorry, the ourhomenumber is me...don't know what my husband was doing when he was last on this computer!
K, I love that you documented the whole thing. You are brave. I have wanted to cut my hair off but then I just get too scared and my husband never wants me to cut it!
You look awesome! it's kind of weird though, I've never seen you with short hair but you look great.
Yeah you look beautiful. I think you can now pass as a college student...lol. Btw Happy Anniversary! I love the poem it reminds me of my life too.
I love it Renee! Looks great!
Thanks, you guys are all so sweet...I can't wait to see all you next summer, well most of you, if you're in St George...
Post a Comment