Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lexi broke her collar bone...



So with everything going on, I didn't have a chance to post that Lexi broke her collar bone. It was so sad, she fell off of a little tykes climb and slide. I didn't see her fall, but I heard her crying. I felt so bad, cause at first I thought it was my niece crying and her mom had her, so I thought nothing of it. When I went outside I seen Lexi in her dads arms and he said I think she broke something. We rushed to the hospital and I was praying that it was only a bad fall and some brusing, but the x-ray showed that she broke it. She's been such a trooper, and it trips me out that she still plays and stuff. I guess I heard since it's a bone that doesn't move a lot, it's not a whole lot of pain unless you raise your arm, or get it bumped. Anyhow all she can do is wear a sling, no cast. It's my kids first broken bone, hope that there's not more to come. But hey I broke like 10, so we'll see.

7 comments:

The Foisy's said...

Poor baby!! It just sucks cause there's nothing they can do for her really, but give her pain meds! My sis broke hers when we were little. It was sad!

Chante said...

Such a weird place to break a bone, but it looks like she is happy and doing well!

Renee and Kiddies said...

Savannah- I heard it hurts really bad to break it too, but yeah there's nothing they can do about it.

Chante- I know, I think when she fell, she landing right on it on part of the little tykes hard plastic bottom, hard to explain. She does look happy, despite the pain.

Emily Harper said...

Poor little thing! What a cutie. I hope it heals quickly!

jaesi said...

oh sad.... Leah broke her collar bone last summer and I didnt notice it for 5 days....now thats mean.
Good thing little ones are so resilient right?

The Foisy's said...

So, I was going to tell you! Aves was born Nov. 10th. I think she weighs 19 pounds. She has just now starting gaining some weight. She was 5lbs 11 oz when she was born. So we're glad to see her gaining. Was Jazlyn born in St. George? If so, we were there at the same time! Crazy!

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

sad:( thats gotta be the worst thing ever to break! how is she?